The Aztecs are one of the three most recognizable South American civilizations, famous for their practice of ritualistic sacrifice. The Aztecs are lead by Montezuma I, the fearsome emperor of the Aztec empire. The Aztecs have a unique playstyle due to their Unique Ability, letting them play aggressively while having a cultural victory to fall back on. With their strong early-game Jaguars and growth boosting Floating Gardens, the Aztecs can be a fresh and fun civilization for conquest.
- Sacrificial Captives: Gains Culture for every enemy unit killed.
- Cost: 75 Production
- Maintenance: 1 Gold per turn
- +2 Food from worked Lake tiles, +15% Food and +1 Production
- Prerequisites: The Wheel technology, City must be built next to a river or lake
- Replaces Water Mill
- Higher Food bonus, lower Maintenance, can be built in cities next to lakes
- Cost: 40 Production / 80 Faith
- Type: Melee Unit
- Combat Strength: 8
- Movement Points: 2
- Obsolete with: Metal Casting technology
- Upgrades to: Swordsman
- Replaces Warrior
- +33% Combat Bonus in Forest/Jungle, heals 25 health upon killing a unit, free Woodsman promotion