Gold Medal strategy
- Difficulty: 6/10
- Recommended Craft: TIE Advanced Prototype
Keep your wings in formation. Go straight ahead and take out the transport peering over the hill. Fly a distance away, and swoop back around to destroy the other. If you see a Rebel Transport high above about to escape, let it go. After the other transport is destroyed, turn around and head to the far right base. (right relative to your starting location) Along the way there's 2 valleys with Rebel Fighters in them. They all have their shields down, so it only takes one cluster per squad. Finish off the 4 transports in this area. If one starts to flee, make it your prime target. Your braking speed is just about equal to their cruising speed, so you can easily get behind them and fill them with lasers. After all 4 are destroyed, head off to the final base and its 3 transports. Along the way you'll see another valley with Rebel Fighters. Cluster them and finish off the transports. After that, you'll see a cutscene. Use this time to engage Rebel Craft. You want to get rid of most of your clusters here, so kill as many things as possible. Tell your wings to form up if they're left. Keep an eye on the door of the base, because it will open a second time. (The first time, it briefly opened to let 3 X-Wings out immediately after the cutscene. It closes to fast for you to get in though) While inside, use any clusters you may have left on the transports. Shoot to kill everyone , but focus on the forward most 3, as they'll be trying to escape soon. Kill all the transports for the gold.
Gold Medal Requirements
- Time: 4:19
- Enemies: 36
- Accuracy: 65%
- Friendlies Lost: 15
- Lives Lost: 0
- Targeting Computer Efficiency: 100%
- The transports themselves take tons of hits with lasers.
- If for some weird reason you need more accuracy, the Corellian Corvettes take many as well.
- The fighters on the ground are easy kills.
- You must fly inside the base to meet the time requirement.
- Not really a tip, but if you fail the mission Vader shoots down a TIE Fighter saying "Failure is unacceptable!" or something. It's really cool! ^_^