- 1 Wright & Co. Law Offices
- 2 Hotel Lobby
- 3 Hallway
- 4 Engarde's Hotel Room
- 5 Corrida's Hotel Room
- 6 Viola Hall
- 7 Hotel Lobby (2)
- 8 Hallway (2)
- 9 Criminal Affairs Department
- 10 Engarde's Hotel Room (2)
- 11 Wright & Co. Law Offices (2)
- 12 ???
Wright & Co. Law Offices
Talk to Pearl if you want. Otherwise, Move to the Hotel Lobby.
You will see Oldbag there. Talk to Oldbag:
- The victim: Oldbag looks smitten with Corrida and seems to have an issue with Lotta. She will also tell you about getting over her last case with you.
- What happened: Oldbag claims she saw the most important moment that night.
Move to the Hallway.
You see Lotta there looking rather annoyed, as she says she lost her camera. Talk to Lotta:
- Camera: Lotta says she brought the $1,600 camera for $700. She says she lost it on the night of the murder. She doesn't really remember what she took. Lotta's Camera will be added to the Court Record.
- What happened: Lotta says she was hanging around near Engarde's door at the night of the murder. She wants to capture that "big scoop". What exactly is that "big scoop"?
- Big scoop: When you ask her what, 2 Psyche-Locks are placed. Another one?
You can now Move to Engarde's Hotel Room.
Engarde's Hotel Room
You meet a young woman, who (almost) correctly states your purpose. She introduces herself as Adrian Andrews, Engarde's Manager. Talk to Andrews.
- Night of the murder: Andrews says she had dinner with Engarde before the ceremony. She went to the Voila Hall to watch the ceremony, went to the Lobby to help prepare for the post-ceremony show. She called Engarde for the show, and found Corrida's dead body afterward.
- Relation to Engarde: Nothing worth hearing, except learning that Andrews is quite rude.
Examine the plate on the table. You see something interesting, but can't put your finger on it now.
Present Juan Corrida's Profile to Andrews. Andrews blames Engarde and Corrida's rivalry for the murder. Does she know anything about it?
- Motive for murder: You ask her what she knows, but 4 Psyche-Locks slam on your face! Don't worry, as these are the last ones to appear for today.
Move to Corrida's Hotel Room, accessible from the Hallway.
Corrida's Hotel Room
Here it is, the crime scene. You see Gumshoe here of course. He will help you whenever he can due to yesterday's ransom. He gives you the Hotel Map, which will be added to the Court Record. Talk to Gumshoe:
- Cause of death: Gumshoe doesn't have the autopsy report, but he does have the photo of the crime scene. It is the picture of Corrida's dead body on his own chair. It looks like a stab from the knife is the cause. Gumshoe says there are fingerprints on the knife, and research shows they are Engarde's. This is bad. The Crime Photo will be added to the Court Record.
- Reason for arrest: Gumshoe says a button was found on Corrida. They found out that the button belonged to the Nickel Samurai Costume. It looked like he had a struggle as everything shows. Gumshoe also says there is even a witness. Unfortunately, it's Oldbag.
Gumshoe then mentions that something is a little off. Pan right, and Examine the open guitar case. It looks like there's nothing in it, but you see that it's wet on the top of the lid... and nothing else. The Guitar Case will be added to the Court Record.
Now, Examine the wine-glass on top of the dressing table on the right. It looks like it had tomato juice in it, and it looks intact... yet everywhere else is scattered, weird. The Wine Glass will be added to the Court Record.
Present the Wine Glass to Gumshoe. Gumshoe says Franziska von Karma noticed it first. Speaking of von Karma, she herself appears in the room. She takes Gumshoe away (after some physically humorous moments). She leaves behind a piece of paper.
Examine the paper on the coffee table. It looks like an autograph for a certain "Wendy". Sound familiar? The Autograph will be added to the Court Record.
After you are done with both Engarde and Corria's rooms, Move to the Viola Hall.
You will run into Powers. Talk to Powers for some comedic conversations.
Present Adrian Andrews' Profile to Powers. Powers says he may know Andrews. He also likes to share a little secret that involves around her. Talk to Powers.
- The gossip on Adrian: Powers will present you a newspaper clipping, that reveals that Andrews, referred as Ms. A.A., once had a relationship with Corrida. The Newspaper Clipping will be added to the Court Record.
Move to the Hotel Lobby.
Hotel Lobby (2)
Present Maya's Magatama to Oldbag:
Oldbag's Psyche-Lock: What You Witnessed
Talk to Oldbag:
- What you witnessed: Unfortunately, Oldbag tells you that she saw Engarde coming out of Corrida's room on her way to the toilets, ten minutes before the discovery of the crime. She says she will be the witness of the stand (not again).
- Engarde's past: Oldbag will say Engarde created a scandal that plagued Corrida, the scandal that revolves around Andrews. She thinks Engarde did it on purpose to drag Corrida's reputation to the mud. Oldbag of course knew that from the tabloids.
Move to the Hallway.
Present Maya's Magatama to Lotta:
Lotta's Psyche-Lock: Big Scoop
Talk to Lotta:
- Big scoop: She says she had already wrote an article about the scandal. However, it was in her Camera case when the camera got stolen. Lotta's Camera will be updated to the Court Record.
Move to the Criminal Affairs Dept. accessible from the Hotel Lobby.
Criminal Affairs Department
You will see Gumshoe there. Talk to Gumshoe about all topics. Nothing worth hearing as you should already know this by now.
Present the Magazine Clipping to Gumshoe. He says the case is related to a woman who committed suicide two years ago. Her name was Celeste Inpax. She was once Corrida's manager and Andrews' mentor.
- Celeste Inpax: Gumshoe isn't sure if there is a connection between Celeste's suicide and the murder.
Suddenly, von Karma arrives sacking Gumshoe for aiding Phoenix for all of this time. Just then, an all too familiar face appears.
Edgeworth scolds von Karma for being so enraged about her lost perfect record. Gumshoe will be safe from von Karma's clutches... for now. You can Talk to Edgeworth.
- Tomorrow's trial: Edgeworth claims to have something you lack, the truth. He says he will help you win this case.
- "Proof of von Karma's blood": You suspect the reason Edgeworth left is because of you. When Edgeworth lost, his perfect record that runs on the von Karma blood was destroyed. Edgeworth asks you why are you still here.
- Why stand in court? You explain to Edgeworth that you believe in your clients and would not give up until you get the verdict you want. Edgeworth says you still have a lot to learn.
Present Celeste Inpax's Profile to Edgeworth. He says Celeste was Andrews' mentor and Corrida's manager before she committed suicide. Edgeworth says Celeste left a suicide note before she died, but it went missing.
- Missing suicide note: There is no solid evidence that Celeste wrote the suicide note, but they found that the ink was from her own hand. They suspect Corrida hid the note, since he was the only one to see her body. Edgeworth says this is the first part of the note. The Suicide Report will be added to the Court Record.
Present the Suicide Report to Edgeworth. The second part is an attempted suicide made by Adrian Andrews. The attempted suicide note said something about Andrews' "co-dependency".
- "co-dependency": A few days after Celeste's suicide, Andrews attempted to do the same thing. Apparently, Andrews had a high dependence for Celeste. After the suicide, the world "turned pitched-dark" around her. Andrews lost her will to live, because without Celeste, there would be no one to guide her and now she doesn't know what to do. The Attempted Suicide Report will be added to the Court Record.
Note: On the 3DS Trilogy version, "co-dependency" has been replaced with "Dependant nature"
Move to Engarde's Hotel Room.
Engarde's Hotel Room (2)
Inside you find that von Karma and Andrews were just finished talking. Von Karma shows you how she knew where Gumshoe is: With a Transmitter. How is that important? You will learn it later. Von Karma leaves the room. Just what were the two talking about? Oh well, present Maya's Magatama to Andrews.
Andrews's Psyche-Lock: What You Witnessed
Talk to Andrews:
- Motive for murder: Andrews finally admits her insecurities. She was scarred by the death of her mentor and would go to great lengths to find the note and the truth. However she says she would never kill anyone to get to the note.
You promise not to tell her insecurity to anyone else. Pearl then notices Andrews playing with a card on her hand. Andrews says she found it in her purse after the crime. It looks like there is a shell in it. You don't have to worry about it ... for now.
Move to the Wright & Co. Law Offices.
Wright & Co. Law Offices (2)
You now know Andrews' motive for killing Corrida, so she looks like a suspect. You suddenly get a call from De Killer. He says Maya is safe and promises not to go near her (even to feed her). Just then Mia comes in from Pearl's body. Talk to Mia:
- Maya's situation: Mia says Maya is stuck inside some wine cellar, she read a note Maya wrote and promises to find anything about the place. Clever!
- The kidnapper: Unfortunately, Mia couldn't find the identity of the kidnapper. Maya never saw the face of the kidnapper.
Speaking of Maya, let's see how she is doing.
As Maya, Examine a card lying on the ground. It looks like the same card you saw Andrews play with earlier.
Examine the door. Maya decides to try to unlock the door with the card. Will she escape?
The day now ends with a cliffhanger. Will you manage to get the not guilty verdict tomorrow? Pray that you would, for Maya's safety.