- Start - X16 Y9
- Once again, the area conveniently starts out with a Blue Lander check point. Open the door above and proceed east down the path into the area.
- X19 Y8
- X20 Y8
- Beyond the door to the right is the entrance to Corridor 15. However, before you jump right into it, continue across to the following door on the right, and follow the path to the end.
- X23 Y8
- X21 Y8
- Area 0 for 500 chips.
You've left the forest region of Naju and are now exploring the Underground portion which contains a few new enemies. Small orange crystals will materialize in mid-air for a while, and when they are fully formed, they will fly in the direction of the Guardian. Do your best to shoot them or dodge them. Orange spinning diamonds from Corridor 0 will make their return here. Next is a particularly lethal kind of attack ship. They drop down and begin firing lasers at you as they retreat. Their lasers can do quite a bit of damage. If you can't destroy them on their way down, then stay away from their line of fire.
Next to appear are a set of blue crystals that materialize. Instead of darting toward you in one direction though, they slowly follow you around. Lure them to the top of the screen and then swing around below them and blast them with the Multi-Bullet weapon. You will fly over what looks like a volcano. Only, instead of lava, it spews little green crystals. You can destroy the crystals, but you can stop the attack altogether by blasting the mouth of the volcano. A single new enemy will appear, a pinwheel that scatters bullets to the bottom of the screen. Then the small orange crystals will return, joined by the familiar blue orbs. Spinning blue ships will appear as well.
The action will slow down with green asteroids and red spinning ships. This will occur for a while uninterrupted. After it stops, you will fly over three volcanoes. Shoot the crystals they release, and shoot the mouths if you can get underneath them in time. Then the boss will appear.
The boss is a green Clawbot. Other than the color, it's not terribly different from the Silver one you fought in Corridor 14. Use the same strategy to take it down, focusing your attack with your main guns and either the Fireball, or the powered up Multi-Bullet. When the lower portion drops off, lead the ship by attacking it from the side until it explodes. Return to Area 5 and collect the Red Lander reward that awaits you. Then head through the door at the top.
Return to Area 5
- X21 Y7
- Destroy the fast moving red four-legged machines, and then continue on by venturing east first.
- X22 Y7
- Take care of the shellfish and two bouncing green balls, and then open the door to the right. Enter the next room, and you will receive a hint on how to open the gate to Corridor 5. Then return to the west, and proceed north.
- X21 Y6
- Ignore the upward arrow, and investigate the path to the east.
- X23 Y6
- X21 Y5
- An interesting new enemy appears here. What appears to be a block of ice is accompanied by three blue versions of the small darting creatures that usually leave item capsules behind. Only, the block of ice isn't what it appears. These blocks quickly multiply into many different colored versions of themselves, and they are all indestructible. They will not directly chase the Guardian, but they will take over a good portion of the floor rather quickly. Don't stick around for too long. Instead, continue north this time, as there is little of interest to the east.
- X21 Y4
- X21 Y3
- Take out this familiar collection of enemies, and then explore the path to the east. There is nothing of interest to the north of here.
- X23 Y3
- X23 Y4
In this white underground corridor, you will be assaulted by a steady stream of falling green asteroids. After a while, they are joined by the circle forming asteroids that change color and chase you. They will continue as the green asteroids trail off. A set of slowly chasing blue crystals will materialize for a while, and they are later joined by the spinning orange diamonds.
Pterodactyls will appear as the orange diamonds end. Stay in the middle to easily remove them. When they stop, green starfish will begin appearing from either top corner of the screen. Blue crystals and orange diamonds will resume their attack. As the blue crystals stop, a volcano will pass below. The orange diamonds will continue for a while. One more volcano will pass by, just before the boss arrives.
The boss of this corridor is a very large squid-looking monster known as Zibzub. It may remind you a bit of Crawdaddy, but it's a lot more active. It bounces up and down along the bottom of the screen, where you are likely to occupy. It fires smaller squids from it's mouth, and tries to aim for your lateral position on the screen. If you have full health when you arrive at this boss, then you shouldn't have too much to worry about. Stay in one location on the bottom of the screen and continue to fire up with your main guns and the Multi-Bullet, Wave Attack, or Fireball weapon until Zibzub is defeated.
If you are low on health, you may need to weave around a bit more in order to dodge Zibzubs attacks. Fly beneath him as he jumps over you. Defeated small squids may drop item capsules to help you recover health. Once it's defeated, you will fly back to Area 5, collected another pack of Enemy Erasers, and return to Area 0. The entrance to Area 6 can be found at X15 Y11.