Jump to navigation Jump to search
Purple Materia acts independently and is generally very specialized in its use. All effects increase as materia matures.
There are seventeen different types of Purple Materia in the video game.
Attribute boosting materia
They only affect the equipped character (except for Gil Plus).
- EXP. Plus: Gains extra EXP after winning a battle. Also adds Luck +01.
- Gil Plus: Earns extra Gil after battles. Also adds Luck +01.
- HP Plus: Increases maximum HP.
- Luck Plus: Increases Luck.
- Magic Plus: Increases Magic.
- MP Plus: Increases maximum MP.
- Speed Plus: Increases Dexterity.
- HP <-> MP: Switches HP and MP.
- Chocobo Lure: Attracts chocobos to battle while in their habitat. Also adds Luck +01.
- Enemy Away: Decreases chance of random enemy encounters. Also adds Luck +01.
- Enemy Lure: Increases chance of random enemy encounters. Also adds Luck -01.
Unless stated otherwise, they affect the equipped character only.
- Counter Attack: Counter attacks with physical strike when character is attacked.
- Cover: Equipped character will take damage on behalf of ally when they are attacked. Also adds Vitality +01.
- Long Range: Allows the strength of a front row attack from the back row. Can also hit flying enemies that are otherwise out of reach. (Note that most of Barret's, Yuffie's and Vincent's weapons are inherently long range so it is pointless to equip this on them.)
- Mega All: Changes Attack to Slash-All and allows abilities that would only allow a single target to effect entire parties.
- Pre-emptive: Increases the whole party's chance of side-attacks and surprise-attacks. Also adds Dexterity +02.
- Underwater: Allows the whole party to breathe underwater, eliminating the twenty minute time limit for the battle with Emerald Weapon.
It may be useful to know how early any materia can be obtained.
|Cover||5||40000||Disc 1, part 1: Aeris' place|
|Chocobo lure||4||30000||Disc 1, part 2: Chocobo farm|
|Long range||2||30000||Disc 1, part 2: Mithril mine|
|MP plus||5||50000||Disc 1, part 2: Cosmo Canyon|
|HP plus||5||50000||Disc 1, part 2: Cosmo Canyon|
|Counter attack||5||100000||Disc 1, part 2: Nibelheim|
|Magic plus||5||50000||Disc 1, part 3: Temple of the Ancients|
|Luck plus||5||100000||Disc 1, part 3: Forgotten capital|
|Enemy lure||3||20000||Disc 2: Gold Saucer|
|Enemy away||3||20000||Disc 2: Gold Saucer|
|Pre-emptive||5||80000||Disc 2: Gold Saucer|
|Speed plus||5||100000||Disc 2: Gold Saucer|
|Gil plus||3||150000||Disc 2: Gold Saucer|
|Exp. plus||3||150000||Disc 2: Gold Saucer|
|HP<->MP||2||80000||Disc 2: Corel cave|
|Underwater||1||0||Disc 2: Kalm traveler|
|Mega all||5||100000||Disc 3: Northern cave|