|Super Mario Land|
|System(s)||Game Boy, Nintendo 3DS|
|Followed by||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins|
|Neoseeker Related Pages|
|Twitch||Super Mario Land Channel|
Super Mario Land (Sūpā Mario Rando) is a platforming video game developed by Nintendo for the Game Boy video game console. It debuted in Japan on April 21, 1989, in the United States in August, 1989, and in Europe on September 28, 1989. Along with Alleyway, Super Mario Land marks Mario's first appearance on the Game Boy and is the first true Mario game for the handheld game console. Furthemore, it was a launch title for the Game Boy in Japan and North America.
The game drove initial sales of the Game Boy, and has sold over 18 million copies in total, which makes it the third highest selling game of the Mario series until New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. Wii surpassed it in sales between 2009 and 2012. Only Super Mario Bros., at 40 million, and Super Mario World, at 20 million, had sold more copies. Super Mario Land was also the first game of the Mario series created by Gunpei Yokoi.
Table of Contents
Action (platform): Super Mario Bros. · Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan) (The Lost Levels) · Super Mario Bros. 2 · Super Mario Bros. 3
· Super Mario World · Super Mario All-Stars (+ Super Mario World) · Yoshi's Island
· Super Mario Land · 6 Golden Coins · Super Princess Peach · Super Mario Maker
· Super Mario Run · Super Mario Maker 2 · Super Mario Bros. 35
Action (three-dimensional): Super Mario 64 · Super Mario Sunshine · Super Mario Galaxy · Super Mario Galaxy 2 · Super Mario Odyssey
· Luigi's Mansion · Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon · Luigi's Mansion 3
· Super Mario 3D Land · Super Mario 3D World · Super Mario 3D All-Stars
Pinball: Mario Pinball Land