|Street Fighter Alpha Anthology|
|Japanese title||ストリートファイターZERO Fighter's Generation|
|Modes||Single player, Multiplayer|
Known as Street Fighter Zero: Fighters Generation in Japan, this is a compilation of every Street Fighter Alpha (or Zero) game ever made, with the inclusion of Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix. In the spirit of the Vampire Chronicle and Hyper Street Fighter II, it also includes a version of SFA3 called "Hyper Street Fighter Alpha" by fans, where you can select any fighter from any version of SFA to fight against any other. For example, Street Fighter Alpha 2 Ryu can fight against Street Fighter Alpha 3 V-ISM Charlie. This mode must be unlocked and includes extra ISMs not found in the original SFA3.
The Japanese version of the game offers more arranged modes of play than the versions found outside of Japan.
|Street Fighter Zero||N/A||N/A|
|Street Fighter Zero 2||Street Fighter Alpha 2||Beat SFZ2 once to unlock SFA2.|
|Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha||Street Fighter Zero 2'||Beat SFZ2A once to unlock SFZ2'.|
|Street Fighter Zero 3||Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper||Beat SFZ3 once to unlock SFZ3U.|
|Hyper Street Fighter Zero||N/A||Beat all 8 titles mentioned above once to unlock HSFZ.|
|Street Fighter Alpha||N/A||N/A|
|Street Fighter Alpha 2||N/A||N/A|
|Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold||N/A||N/A|
|Street Fighter Alpha 3||Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper||Beat SFA3 once to unlock SFA3U.|
|Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix||N/A||N/A|
|Hyper Street Fighter Alpha||N/A||Beat all 6 titles mentioned above once to unlock HSFA.|
Hyper Street Fighter Alpha
(Note: Most of the information provided here is taken from ShadowJin's SFAA FAQ)
This is a culmination of all the Street Fighter Alpha games. It uses the SFA3 engine as a base, but functions in the same manner as Hyper Street Fighter II. This is a secret game, and is unlocked after you complete all of the other games on the disc, including the secret ones. Once you have done this (the game should confirm that a secret game has been unlocked, 4 for Japan, 2 for outside), hold SELECT while choosing Street Fighter Alpha. Note that Hyper Street Fighter Alpha does not have an Arcade mode and only has Versus and Training outside the Options Menus.
Special versions of characters
When selecting a character's game, hold start to select their alternate from that game (e.g. To use Classic M. Bison from Zero2A, hold start and Zero2A will turn blue. While holding start, select Zero2A.) To use Arcade Balrog or Shin Akuma, hold start while selecting their non-secret versions.
Secret mode selection
There are no true secret characters per se, but there are methods to selecting secret modes. On top of the normal selection choices of Alpha, Alpha 2, Alpha 2 Gold (Cammy Only), and Alpha 3 (Saikyo, Classic, Mazi), there are a few hidden modes. These modes are referred to as S-isms (which stands for Shadowloo-isms.) To select these modes, choose the Alpha 3 version of a character. When the mode selection screen comes up, press and hold start. Moving right or left while highlighting any of the 4 modes (Normal, Saikyo, Classic, and Mazi) will cause the highlighter to vanish. Each of these modes use the Shadowloo bar and only has one super bar level. These are the extra modes and their differences:
- Normal -> Shadowloo-ism C: This mode changes your actions to be like the VS. series. You get the chain combos allowing you to tear into an opponent with optimum speed. You also gain the use of push-blocking (performed via +). This does NOT include the GFX changes like Shadowloo-ism A.
- Mazi -> Shadowloo-ism B: You lose your Air-Block but gain the ability to parry. Like Street Fighter III, you can parry almost anything. You also get limited to ONE super combo like X-ism. Certain characters gain the effects of their super combo that was in Street Fighter III. Also includes Super Cancel.
- Saikyo -> Shadowloo-ism D: Classical mode cripples your character to no super gauge and you are still bound to Street Fighter Alpha 3's rules. In Shadowloo-ism D, you are no longer bound to these rules. You can throw out 5 jabs with Ryu and have them connect. There are also some differences (speed, priority, etc) in all moves (regular and special.) This can only be used for characters that were present in Street Fighter II'.
- Classical -> Shadowloo-ism A: Probably the most interesting of the modes. This mode changes the properties of some characters' special moves (gfx, priority, etc.) Some instances result in the adding of special moves. You do NOT get the chain-combos or push-block found in Mode 1. This is more like a Super-Hero or Boss mode. This mode really only benefits a handful of characters GFX wise, but it also is like using Shadowloo-ism for everyone else.
Shadowloo-ism A changes
Some characters get new animations in the VS. Series mode. Those who have no changes are basically Shadowloo-ism characters with the added minor bonuses of the VS. Series Mode. Characters below are verified to have the changes listed with them:
- Ryu: Shin Shoryuken performs in a vertical motion similar to VS series, SF3, and CvS.
- Evil Ryu: Gains the dive kick from Gouki and Air Fireball. Stance also changes to Akuma style stance from MvC.
- Akuma: Super Fireballs replaced with large fireball gfx from VS series. Dragon Punches are engulfed in purple flame (they don't light characters on fire though) and ALL super combos start with him turning completely dark with glowing red energy coming from him. Same for Shin Akuma.
- Ken: Gets flame gfx from VS series for dragon punches. Gets air fireball. Both fireballs use VS gfx.
- Sakura: Get Shun-Goku-Satsu (Instant Hell Murder) and Asura Warp. Fireball gets large gfx from VS series. Also receives air fireball and diagonal rising fireball (+). Both use the VS. sprites.
- M. Bison: turns into Final M. Bison. That's about the extent of it.
- Guy: Gains a Teleport move. Performed via + or . It's laid out like an arcade stick for where you go. goes upper-left, goes upper-middle, etc. like Psylocke from the Marvel Vs. series.
- Dan: Gets VS. style fireball and super fireball.
- Charlie: Gets Air Blade Kick move. Performed via + in air.
- Dhalsim: Gets fireball gfx from VS. series. Gets air fireball. Inferno uses VS. animation.
- No changes – Chun Li, Gen, Zangief, Rolento, Cammy, Guile, Fei Long, Blanka, Karin, Balrog, Sagat, Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Juni, Juli, Rose, E. Honda, Cody, Adon, Sodom, R.Mika, Vega, and Birdie.
Street Fighter series