|Street Fighter II': Champion Edition|
|System(s)||Arcade, TurboGrafx-16, Sega Master System, Sharp X68000, Wii|
|Modes||Single player, multiplayer|
|Twitch||Street Fighter II': Champion Edition Channel|
Street Fighter II': Champion Edition was the follow up to the stunningly successful Street Fighter II arcade game. CE was not a sequel, but rather an updated version that included new features not present in the original (hence the Japanese title Street Fighter II Dash, a derivative of the original Street Fighter II).
The first home version of the game was released for the PC Engine (TurboGrafx-16) in Japan as a 20 Megabit Hu-Card (TurboChip). It was also released for the Sega Master System in Brazil by Tec Toy. A Sega Genesis version was also produced titled Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition (or Street Fighter II Dash Plus in Japan). The SNES version of Street Fighter II Turbo also features a "Normal" mode based on Champion Edition in additional to the game's "Turbo" mode. A version for the X68000 computer was also released in Japan.
The cast, story, controls, and rules for Champion Edition are identical to the original, so please see the SF2 guide for any questions regarding how to play. A list of the updates can be found below.
Updates and changes
- Both players are now able to select the same character simultaneously and play against each other as the same character.
- The second instance of a character is colored with an alternate palette, known as palette swapping.
- The stage backgrounds have also been touched up and recolored for a more dramatic look.
- The four previously unplayable bosses are now selectable by the player.
- The character select screen has been updated to allow the player to select the bosses, and each character has been given an updated portrait.
- The speed, damage, and priority of certain moves have been tweaked.
- Some character command attacks have been added or removed.
- Ken and Ryu have been tweaked to become slightly different characters. They no longer need to be identical since both players can choose one or the other if they like.
- Zangief and E. Honda have been given the ability to move while executing two of their special moves.
Table of Contents
- Street Fighter II (Moves)
- Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (Moves)
- Street Fighter II Turbo (Moves)
- Super Street Fighter II (Moves)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Moves)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (Moves)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (Moves)
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (Moves)
Street Fighter series
Street Fighter V: Street Fighter V