|Total Games||356 (133 present)|
|← Sega Genesis||Sega Dreamcast →|
Launched in Japan on November 22, 1994, the CD-based Sega Saturn was the second-last home console to be released by Sega before their departure from the market, and its commercial failure is largely blamed for the company's eventual separation from non-arcade hardware.
Although technically very advanced, the Saturn's complex architecture made developing games for the console extremely difficult, which caused most third-party developers to opt for the more straightforward PlayStation.
Difficulties which arose when attempting to condense (and therefore cheapen) the intricate hardware also caused problems for Sega when it came to price cuts, losing further consumer interest.
Notably, the Saturn was released in the US and Europe four months ahead of schedule, following a PR war between Sega's representatives and Sony's. Unfortunately, the Saturn's high $399 price didn't compare well with the announced PlayStation launch price of $299.
Pages in category "Sega Saturn"
The following 133 pages are in this category, out of 133 total.
- Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus
- Samurai Shodown III
- Samurai Shodown IV
- Sega Ages Volume 1
- Sega Ages: Fantasy Zone
- Sega Rally Championship
- Sega Touring Car Championship
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
- Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden
- SimCity 2000
- Sonic 3D Blast
- Sonic R
- Space Harrier
- Space Invaders
- Street Fighter Alpha
- Street Fighter Alpha 2
- Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold
- Street Fighter Alpha 3
- Street Fighter Collection
- Street Fighter Collection 2
- Street Fighter Zero
- Street Fighter Zero 2
- Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha
- Street Fighter Zero 3
- Street Fighter: Real Battle On Film
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Super Puzzle Fighter II X