Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2/Walkthrough
Directions in this walkthrough are based on cardinal points of the compass with North being toward the top of the screen when viewing the in-game map. Press to bring up the Pause Menu, scroll right one place to Map and press to see the map. Your party is represented by a red arrow; your objectives are blue S.H.I.E.L.D. icons and the exit from the map is a yellow S.H.I.E.L.D. icon.
This walkthrough an entire Pro-Registration path on Super Heroic difficulty. A partial Anti-Registration walkthrough follows, covering just Act II, which is the only part of the game that is significantly different. It is only a partial walkthrough covering the specific chapters which are different if you choose to side with Captain America against Superhero Registration. The missions will be similar to the Pro-Reg missions; you'll be doing the opposite actions (defending cargo instead of destroying it, breaking people out of confinement rather than keeping them locked up, etc.). The maps are laid out a bit differently; and, you'll have a slightly different set of heroes to work with.
There are two ways to complete the necessary Anti-Registration awards and trophies. One way is to reload your save from Stark Tower 3 (assuming you kept a save from there). You can replay Acts II and III on the opposite path at the same difficulty level. The other way is to start a new Legendary+ game from the end of your previous game. You'll have to replay the entire game; but, you also earn the Legendary trophies/achievements.
 HQ stages
These interludes between missions give you a chance to catch your breath as well as train up your characters. All HQ stages have the following components:
- Sim Console: The sim console allows you to run simulations, which are training scenarios, and replay previous missions. To run a simulation, you must have a simulation disc. There are 12 discs scattered around the game; most of them in the HQ maps. You can also choose to replay earlier maps and pick up the collectibles you missed or complete optional objectives you failed. Anything you pick up during these replays stays with you and counts toward unlocking characters and earning rewards.
- Trivia Game: Play a trivia game to earn experience and some trophies/achievements. Answers to trivia questions are found on the Trivia quizzes page.
- Review Console: Use the review console to look at or listen to Dossiers, Art Work, Movies and Audio Logs you have unlocked.
- Mission Briefing Console: Activate this console to begin the next set of missions.
- NPCs: You'll find a number of NPCs standing around with exclamation marks over their heads. These are people you can talk to, which isn't necessary; but, provides additional story. If you use the right person on your team, you can have a special conversation – swap teammates out until you see an exclamation mark with lines radiating from it over an NPC's head.
- Collectibles: Each HQ map has its own set of collectible items. They're usually in plain sight; but, be sure to look in every corner and side room.
When you're ready for the next mission, activate the mission briefing console in the center of the room.