- Location: Second floor. Enter the room with the huge mirror in it. Jump in to the wall on the far left side.
- Description: an ice level with a gigantic snowman, an igloo, and a Chill Bully.
- Bob-omb Buddy: inside the igloo. When inside, turn right beyond the Star, then turn left. Turn left again near the Vanish Cap block, then go right twice, and then there is your buddy.
Snowman's Land is the tenth course. You will need to unlock the door to the second floor to access it.
Star 1: Snowman's Big Head
Go to the top of the snowman. You have to get past the iceblock shooter. Use triple jumps. Next you must get past the snowman's mouth by riding on top of the penguin (backflip to his head) or walking along beside him. Climb onto the head to collect the star.
An alternative to getting the first star - Get past the snowman's mouth and go up the walk to the ledge at the end. Go to the end of the ledge and look down, to see the igloo. Fall down to that ledge and enter the igloo. Speak with the bob-omb to open the canon. Go ahead and get the 6th star while in here. Start back on the 1st star and shoot yourself to the star atop the snowman.
Star 2: Chill With The Bully
Knock the big ice bully off his ice platform by jumping on his head, or using the jump kick, but the easiest way is to use the shell from star 4. He is an ice counterpart to the Big Bully from Lethal Lava Land.
An easy way to knock the bully off on the Nintendo DS version is to be Wario, get the power flower and just run into him.
Star 3: In The Deep Freeze
Go to the left once you enter the course, and you will see an ice structure. Go inside and navigate your way through. You will need to jump on top of the ice structure, and fall down the hole. There's your Star!
Star 3: Yoshi's Ice Sculpture (Nintendo DS)
You need Yoshi for this Star. Get the Power Flower from the ? Block and activate Yoshi's heartburn. Go over to the ice cubes, and one of them has your Star. Melt the ice block and grab the Star.
Star 4: Whirl From The Freezing Pond
Go to where the ice block shooter stops, and find the spindrift. Jump on its head and float over the water to where there are two yellow blocks. The one on the left is the star, a shell located in the right one.
Star 5: Shell Shreddin' for Red Coins
Get all 8 red coins.
- Upon starting the level, head all the way to the right, passing two trees. The first red coin is just past the second tree.
- Head all the way around the outside, past the pool of deadly cold water, and to the area with a ! block and two Spindrifts. The second red coin is right there.
- Keep moving to the area with the snow waves and the two Spindrifts. Jump on one of them to reach the other side of the freezing cold pool, where you will see two ! blocks. The one on the right contains a Koopa Shell; hop on it and head up the slope, where the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th red coins are.
- Still on the Koopa Shell, get down from the slope and slide on the underside of the deadly cold pool, where the last two red coins are.
The star appears very close to where you started.
Star 5: Snowman's Silver Star (Nintendo DS)
This star is very similar to the red coin star from the Nintendo 64 version, but there's less to collect. The silver stars appear in the same places as the red coins do in Shell Shreddin' for Red Coins, but there are no silver stars for coins 4, 5, and 7. Other than that, it's the same method.
Star 6: Into the Igloo
Get the shell located next to star 4. Surf over to where the snow wave is, and go up the steep slope with a line of coins. Crawl into the igloo (press and tilt ). You will see the Star in the ice. To get it, you will need to navigate through the igloo and collect the Vanish Cap (turn right beyond the Star, turn left, and jump over the wall). You will find the Vanish Cap at the back of the igloo. As Vanish Mario, you can go through the ice, so use the Vanish Cap to go through the ice and collect the Star. Don't worry if you get lost, you can see through the ice and find out where you are.
Star 7: 100 Coins
Collect 100 coins.
- When you start, head to the left, where there appear to be three coins in a line. Two coins are real coins, but the third is a Moneybags. Kill it to get five coins.
- Nearby, there are three Spindrifts for 9 coins total.
- Head to the right, and a Mr. Blizzard will pop out of the ground. Run around it fast and it'll fall over, giving you three coins.
- Continue heading to the right, to the small valley. There are two Spindrifts and a Fly Guy there, for eight coins.
- Head past the valley, where there are two more Spindrifts, a Moneybags, and a Mr. Blizzard for fourteen coins.
- Just past that is a pool with freezing cold water. There are two Spindrifts there for six coins.
- Lure another Spindrift out of the water, jump on it, and glide over to the far side of the pool. Get the Koopa Shell out of the ! Block and head up the slope on the side, grabbing four red coins.
- Still on the shell, ride up the slope to the small igloo, getting 8 coins on the way.
- Crawl into the igloo. As this is such a small area, there's no need to write out how to get the coins, so all that will be placed here is that there are 38 coins, which should be enough to get you the 100 coin star.
The following is a list of where to find all 4 green mushrooms in Snowman's Land.
- In a ! Block near the freezing cold pool.
- In the tree at the very top of the Snowman's head.
- In a ! Block in the igloo.
- Hidden in the maze/hiding in the water in the igloo.