- Time Limited: Yes except JMS
- Maximum level: 200
Cannoneer is a special class, a legend, separate from Adventurers, although grouped with them, that is also a Pirate type. Unlike normal Adventurers, Cannoneers do not begin as the Beginner class and no other class can become a Cannoneer. Cannoneers begin in their own tutorial area, which develops their back story. When they arrive at the Nautilus on Victoria Island, they begin working with the pirates there in a way similar to Beginners who choose to become Pirates. Thus, Cannoneers are more similar to Hero classes such as Evan and Mihile, especially since their class title (Cannoneer) never changes across job advancements.
It was released as the first of three new jobs in the Legend update. In some other versions, this is also known as Cannon Shooter.
You first appear on a ship off the cost of Coco Island. You speak with the captain who says you are headed for Maple Island, which is perfect for someone like you who is looking for adventure and a place to train. At the end of the dialogue, a Balrog appears and knocks you into the water.
As you wake up, the first thing you see is a monkey screaming in your face. The monkey is your first quest giver. Complete all of the quests and you will do the following:
- Eat an apple to restore your health (this levels you from 1 to 2).
- Walk to the right and speak with Cutter, an engineer trying to perfect the ultimate weapon for pirates.
- Kill Starfish and collect materials for Cutter.
- Get the ignition device from the small island.
- Launch to Victoria Island.
 First job advancement
When you awake from the launch, you'll find yourself in a cabin in the Nautilus. Cutter will inform you that the rough landing was caused by the monkey who snuck on board. Since the monkey likes you so much, he gives you a propeller kit to give the monkey, who then becomes your side kick.
Cutter will tell you to speak with Kyrin. After telling you about pirates, Kyrin will upgrade you to a Cannoneer.
 First job
Following the main quest line, you'll have to run back and forth between the Nautilus and the hunting grounds to the right. You'll have to kill lots of Pigs, Red Ribbon Pigs, and Blue Ribbon Pigs (for bacon). Then you'll have to deliver the pork to Tyroon, gather an herb one zone to the left of Nautilus Harbor, feed the cows and get milk. He'll then send you to help Bane who needs you to clear up the Star Fish and other creatures being loud.
 Training areas
- Level 10-19: Train in Beach: Blue Ribbon Beach
- Level 20-30: Train in Golem's Temple(1 to 4)
 Second job advancement
Kyrin (the Pirate Job Instructor) will officially make you a Cannoneer when you get to level 30.
 Training areas
- Level 30-34: Train in Mushroom Cattle: Mushroom Forest(All Quests)
- Level 35-49: CD's in Kerning City Mall
- Level 50-60: Train in New Leaf City- Haunted House: Dead Scarecrow(lvl:50)
- Level 61-70: Train in New Leaf City- Haunted House: Twisted Jester(lvl:70)
- Level 61-70: Train in Edelstien- Verne Mine(1 or 2)
 Third job advancement
 Training areas
- Level 70-79: Train in New Leaf City- Haunted House: Twisted Jester(lvl:70)
- Level 80-89: Train in New Leaf City- MesoGears: Wolf Spider Cavern(lvl:80)
- Level 90-103: Train in Mu Lung Garden- Mu Lung Peach Farm 1-3/100-Years-Old Herb Garden(lvl:92-96) to Herb Town Old Swamp(Lvl:99:Mr.Alli-103: Kru)