Jubilife City houses a television station, the Trainer's School, "Pokétch Company", the company which makes the Pokétch, and the Global Trade Station, which allows for trading over the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
- Visit the Trainer's School as per Dawn/Lucas's suggestion to find your friend/rival there standing at the blackboard. Hand him the parcel you were responsible for delivering to him. He will open it to find a pair of Town Maps. Confused as to why he was given two, he generously hands you one.
- Find the Pokétch Salesman in the center of the town, then speak to the three clowns scattered in the town to receive a coupon from each. The clowns will ask an obvious question relating to Pokémon, to which the answer is always "yes". Return the three coupons to the salesman to receive your Pokétch. You must do this before you are able to leave the city.
- Battle the two trainers located inside the Trainer's School to receive TM10. In the Platinum version you receive a Potion.
- Speak to the lady above the fountain to the left of the Poké Mart, and she will offer to create a group for you. When you meet others in the Union Room, you can invite them to join your group, which allow your games to share information, that leads special events that will happen to special events for all players in the group.
- Speak with the blonde girl on the ground floor of the Jubilife Condominiums and she will give you a Quick Claw.
- Although your next destination is Route 203, you can enter the small building to the west of Jubilife City. A fisherman there will give you the Old Rod if you answer yes to his question.
- Platinum: There is a Potion hiding down one of the alleys behind the Global Terminal.
Tasks for Return Visits
- Inside the Jubilife TV Station, speak the person standing to the left of the lottery counter and they will politely invite to battle. The trainer here is changed daily, so if you are looking for a battle, you know where to go.
- On the third floor of the Jubilife TV Station you will find two ranking rooms. One ranking room compares you only to other players within your Group, and the other compares you to players around the world.
- The Pokétch Company is constantly developing new apps. You can receive a new app after every odd-numbered Gym Badge, so check back often!
- After winning the Coal Badge at Oreburgh's Gym, you can visit the GTS (Global Trade Station), which allows you to trade Pokémon with people around the world.
- On your return trip from Oreburgh, you will meet two Galactic Grunts hassling Professor Rowan at the entrance to Route 204. Team up with the Professor's assistant to beat the Grunts. A Jubilife reporter will be so impressed with your battle that she will give you the Fashion Case to hold accessories for Super Contests.
- After receiving the Fashion Case, a photographer on the second floor of the Jubilife TV Station will ask to photograph your Pokémon. If you agree, you will be lead into his studio where you can dress up your Pokémon with items from your fashion case.
- After rescuing the Professor, speak to the clerk on the ground floor of the Jubilife TV building, who will allow you to draw a lottery ticket. If the number on the ticket partially matches the ID # of any of your Pokémon, starting with the far right digit, you will receive a prize!
- Poké Ball: 200
- Heal Ball: 300
- Potion: 300
- Antidote: 100
- Awakening: 250
- Paralyz Heal: 200
- Air Mail: 50
The Pokétch is a useful device that will very likely be extremely useful to you on your adventure. It basically replaces the Pokénav from Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. This time around, though, it comes packed with features.
The first time you come to Jubilife, there will be a man standing near the Pokémon Center. Talk to him, and he will tell you to find three clowns around the city. Each of them will ask you a question, and you must answer correctly to each one to receive a ticket. The answer to all three questions happens to be "Yes". After you collect all three tickets, go to the man and give them to him. He will reward you with the Pokétch, which goes on the bottom screen of your DS. It comes pre-programmed with three features: a pedometer, a calculator, and a digital clock.
The man will tell you to stop by the Pokétch building every now and again, and will leave. The Pokétch building is located near the Jubilife TV building. You should visit the man on the first floor near the front desk, as he will periodically come up with new apps (Pokétch add-ons) for you, for absolutely free.
For more information on pokétch apps, see the Pokétch guide.