From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
Vanilla Ghost House
|Level type||Ghost House|
|Entrance||Vanilla Dome 2|
|Exit||Vanilla Dome 3|
|Time at Start||400|
- You'll be greeted by two Eeries. These fly straight towards you and are easily avoided by ducking.
- The ghosts at the beginning fly in a circle; to pass them, you'll need to wait for a gap and run through. If you're brave, you can try to go for the ? block, which contains a flower.
- In the next section, you'll need to jump across platforms without getting hit by any of the Boos in that area. It's best to try to get through quickly and not stand around for too long.
- By jumping on the platforms in the right order, you can snag a hidden 1-up mushroom. On the map, the relevant platforms are marked 1-2-4-3 in the order you should jump on them.
- The Big Boo, a large version of the regular Boo, is quite a formidable foe. To get past him, you will need to either jump over him or lure him away from the passage he is guarding so you can run through.
- One of the turn blocks (covered by the Big Boo on the map) contains a vine. This vine leads to a platform which leads directly to the door, avoiding all the enemies in this area.
- There are two ? blocks here. The first one in front of the Big Boo contains a feather. The other one, guarded by the Boo circle, just has a few coins.
- The stairs at the end are particularly evil - standing on them slides you right into the Boo circle. On the other hand, the Big Boo will ambush you from behind as well if you turn your back towards him.
- Enter the door at the end to reach the second area.
- The green bubbles charge towards you and are invincible like most other enemies in ghost houses. They're a bit difficult to avoid, but you can still spin jump on them like any other enemy.
- At the end, you will see a door. Unfortunately, entering it leads back to the beginning of the level.
- The real solution lies in the turn blocks just beforehand. The middle one contains a P-Switch. Carry it to the end to see a coin formation. Collect the coins and stomp on the P-Switch and a blue door will appear which leads to the exit. (If you hadn't collected the coins beforehand, the brown blocks would completely block this door and leave you stuck.)
Dragon Coin locations
The five Dragon Coins in this level are located as follows:
- Guarded by the first Boo circle.
- On one of the platforms among all the Boos.
- On the top platform reached by taking the vine where the Big Boo is.
- At the second Boo circle (jump from the ? block to reach it).
- At the end of the room with the green bubbles.