Vanilla Secret 2
|Entrance||Vanilla Secret 1|
|Exit||Vanilla Secret 3|
|Time at Start||300|
- If you're Cape Mario you will probably want to fly over the armada of Paratroopas at the beginning. Otherwise, you have no choice but to pass them somehow.
- Some of the Paratroopas jump high, the others jump low. The low-jumping ones can be stomped on, the high-jumping ones should be passed under instead.
- The ? block at the beginning contains Yoshi, who can be helpful since he can eat the Paratroopas. Take a Koopa shell and kick it against the green switch block to receive a feather.
- A flower can be acquired from this ? block.
- From here on, Para-Bombs will drop in from above and land on the ground only to explode seconds later. Don't stand around them for too long!
- The Lakitu in the pipe throws out Spinies. Luckily, he is easily avoided by using the blocks to jump over him.
- Note blocks bounce you around when you stand on them, similar to Springboards. The third note block from the left contains a feather - simply jump on it to retrieve the feather.
- At the end, the second turn block from the left contains a silver P-Switch. These are different from the blue P-Switches that you have encountered so far - stepping on them will turn all enemies into silver coins which you can collect for points, 1-ups and eventually 3-ups. It's a great way to stock up on extra lives, particularly in a level filled with enemies like this one.
- Kick the Lakitu out of his pipe, then enter it to get to the bonus area (see below).
- Another Splittin' Ckuck awaits you at the end of the level. Luckily, once they run off the ? blocks, they are no longer a threat.
- You will appear at the right side. Step on the P-Switch and a bridge will form on the lava. Run over it and collect as many of the coins on the way as you can.
- Enter the pipe on the other side and you will shoot out of the diagonal pipe right before the goal tape.
Dragon Coin locations
The five Dragon Coins in this level are located as follows:
- On a cloud platform at the beginning (need a cape to get up).
- In the midst of the armada of Paratroopas.
- Between the two purple pipes before the midway gate.
- Above a pit in the Para-Bomb area.
- Inside the bonus area.