Independent wikis with more information:
- This guide is for the game that was originally a Japanese-exclusive NES game. For the North American SNES game, see Final Fantasy VI.
Final Fantasy III is a RPG and the third game in the Final Fantasy series. It was developed and published by Square and released exclusively in Japan in 1990 for the NES. It introduced many characters, monsters, and concepts that would become standard in the Final Fantasy series. However, Final Fantasy III was not released in the US until 2006 when it was ported to the Nintendo DS. It was the first game in the series to use the job system (where you could change your class at will), which would be reused in Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy X-2.
Unlike other remakes which were merely used improved sprites and a few FMVs, the Nintendo DS remake includes completely new 3D graphics, as well as redone music. The characters also have genders and names: Luneth, Arc, Refia, and Ingus. The jobs have also been adjusted to make all of them equally useful and the capacity points have been modified.
Table of Contents
- Quests with Wind Crystal jobs:
- Quests with Fire Crystal jobs:
- Quests with Water Crystal jobs:
- Quests with Earth Crystal jobs: