Click here for more information about Evil Ryu's other fighting game appearances.
- First appearance: Street Fighter Alpha 2
- Other appearances: Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter EX Plus, Street Fighter EX3
- Related characters: Ryu, Akuma
Evil Ryu is the representation of Ryu when he gives in to the Dark Hadou, the murderous intent that is inherent in the form of martial arts that he practices. Akuma is an example of a man who has completely and willingly sacrificed his humanity in pursuit of fighting perfection, and has become a soulless killer. Ryu hangs on the razor's edge of remaining in control of his mind, and losing himself to the Dark Hadou. Embracing the Dark Hadou substantially increases a fighter's power, and opens new abilities, such as the Shun Goku Satsu killing technique. By the time Ryu enters the Capcom vs. SNK tournament, he feels very much in control of himself, but the proximity of the Orochi power emanating from Iori triggers a relapse in Ryu's ability to control his power, and he becomes a raging warrior that only the best fighters earn the right to compete against.
Pro version changes
- Evil Ryu does increased damge over the previous game. His hard attacks seem to take off as much as solid ratio 2 combos.
- Ashura Warp is faster to execute and recovers sooner.
- Timing on his Messatsu Goushouryu Super Combo juggle has changed. You now have to hit your opponent while they are very high in the air for the juggle to connect. It only juggles as a level 2 or 3 (Messatsu Goushouryu can still be juggled after low hitting knockdowns, such as after a crouching , or a Level 1 Shinkuu Hadouken in the corner).
|Tenma Kuujin Kyaku||+|
|Ashura Senkuu Forward||+||or|
|Ashura Senkuu Backward||+||or|
|Messatsu Gou Shouryuu||+|
|Shun Goku Satsu|