The Laser General will target your Scud Storms repeatedly until they are destroyed. A simple solution to this is building all three Scud Storms at exactly the same time. Two should survive long enough to discharge their missiles and destroy the three Particle Cannons.
Put a few soldiers in the civilian structures in the middle of the map, back them up with a few units, and your defense can be put on auto-pilot. (Be sure to have a worker in the area to repair the buildings.)
It will take three Scud Storms to destroy the Command Center and a single Scud Storm will not destroy a Weapons Factory. Plan accordingly.
It will take a long time to reach Level 5 to reach your Sneak Attack General’s Power, so sit back, relax, and keep rebuilding lower-price structures until you can afford to obtain multiple Scuds.
- Load up only the two civilian buildings closest to your base and ignore the other three. The structures closest to the Laser General’s base will act as buffers to enemy attacks. Put four RPG troopers and three Rebels in each of the two structures. Have a worker in the area to repair the buildings. Place Jarmen Kell on top of the overpass to snipe Laser Cannons that will park on top of this ramp that are out of reach of your garrisoned troops. Park a Quad Cannon on each side of the garrisoned buildings and this area is extremely secure.
- The Quad Cannon parked to the east of the garrisoned structures should also be close enough to attack Colonel Burton coming down the ramp to the east. Place A Tunnel Network at the bottom of this ramp and a Stinger Site further to the south. The Stinger Site will act as a backup to stop the Comanches. The Tunnel Network will act as a detector to Colonel Burton and you will get two RPG troopers to load into the civilian structures every time you rebuild it.
- Rebuild your barracks if it is destroyed. It is a cheap target for the Particle Cannons.
- It is not necessary to destroy garrisoned civilian buildings, Laser Turrets, Fire Bases and enemy units to win the mission.
- Extra note: There are four oil derricks located in the northeast corner of the map.
Queue up eight workers for fast construction of your base. Build a Supply Stash and a Barracks to the west. Load up the two civilian buildings closest to your base with a total of eight RPG Troopers and six Rebels.
Station a worker in the area of the garrisoned buildings to keep them repaired.
Build an Arms Dealer and a Palace. Place all buildings reasonably spaced out to avoid losing two buildings at once from the PCs.
When the Palace is complete, recruit Jarmen Kell and place him on Guard mode on the top of the ramp above the garrisoned buildings. He will stay out of harm’s way if you keep him slightly to the east. Have him snipe vehicles and/or infantry as you desire.
Place a single Quad Cannon on each side of the garrisoned buildings, set back slightly, and this “bottleneck” is now secure.
The only additional base defenses that must be prepared are setting up a Tunnel Network at the bottom of the ramp to the east of the garrisoned buildings and a single Stinger Site to the south of it to fight off Comanches. Load the extra RPG Troopers into the garrisoned buildings each time you rebuild this structure.
Place a single Quad Cannon and Radar Van in the back of your base “just in case” Colonel Burton gets through your defenses.
On this particular mission, the Laser General is absolutely merciless at targeting the same Scud Storm over and over until it is destroyed, even with a worker repairing it non-stop. Wait until you can afford three Scud Storms and build them all at the same time to overcome this problem.
Keep workers close on hand to immediately repair the Scud Storms after they are hit by the PC’s. You should be able to keep two of them in operation.
Note: If you are having trouble keeping your Scud Storms standing, wait until you have enough cash to build three of them at once, but start the third one much later than the other two. Don't finish building it, and hotkey the structure (Ctrl + number). When General Townes uses his PC, hit the number for the third Scud Storm and cancel the building. You have to be quick about this, but you can do this indefinitely, buying time for your own Scud Storms to charge up.
After you destroy the Particle Cannons with the two Scud Storms, build another Scud Storm or two to destroy the Command Center. You will need three Scud Storms to destroy the Command Center, without the help of your Rebel Ambush or Sneak Attack tunnel. It is also necessary to destroy any dozers that return to the area.
Once the dozers are destroyed, the Laser General’s structures cannot be rebuilt. All structures that must be destroyed to win the mission are enclosed with the ring of garrisoned round towers surrounding the base. Carefully avoid these towers while destroying the base.
Rather than targeting first the Command Center, it might be best to target the War Factories with your Scuds before launching your Sneak Attack tunnel. Just be sure all dozers are destroyed as they try to rebuild the area.
Laser general is comically easy to beat as Stealth
- Have your first worker build the supply stash and the next two workers go north-west and east respectively to the extra supply docks - by leaving early you can get there before he garrisons buildings
- Build some barracks and crank out a few rebels and RPGs for defense
- The Laser General will always prefer to target defensive buildings (or superweapons) with his PC strikes, as such you should scatter around lots and lots of tunnel networks so he only destroys $200 worth of stuff per strike. The RPGs are extremely useful in buildings.
- At each supply stash your worker should build a tunnel network (garrison nearby buildings), then build the supply stash
- At the north supply stash, quickly send a worker across the top to the oil derricks, do this quickly enough and you'll probably be able to dodge garrisoned buildings
- At the tech buildings build a tunnel network (but not too close), capture the tech buildings. Defend them with quad cannons (he loves to make tech buildings a secondary target after PCing a stinger/tunnel network - so only use units to defend the tech buildings)
- You'll have lots of money now, so make two Scud Storms
- It's possible to destroy his PCs with rebel ambush: just rebel ambush and start capturing! Keep some of the rebels cloaked. If you steal a PC sell it, if he comes in and cleans up the rebels, then wait a bit then use a cloaked rebel to start capturing again! You can get some or all of his PCs this way.
- Mass produce quads maybe a few buggies using your massive income
- Use the two Scud Storms to crack open his front door defenses (NOT to target the PCs - even if they haven't been destroyed they soon will be!)
- Roll your glorious army of quads and buggies through his front door, once you're past the firebases and patriots his defenses are truly pathetic and he folds like wet tissue
- Alternatively you can skip the scud storms and just sneak attack into the middle of his base, although it can take a while to get the promotion since he doesn't attack much.