Tags are used by gangs to signify their presence. CJ can cover enemy gangs' tags with his own, as long as he has a spray can.
Get your spray can in the bedroom at CJ's mom's house upstairs. It fills the same slot as the camera and the fire extinguisher. That is, you can only be carrying one of the three.
Each tag takes about 50 units of paint so you will have to go back to CJ's mom's often. The paint works like ammo, so there's no maximum amount of paint you can carry.
In total there are one hundred tags in Los Santos. As a step to 100% completion you must cover these tags. To spray over them, target the tag with and then spray with the button. Extra spraycans can be found in CJ's house and on the roof of the pawn shop behind CJ's house.
These tags are ordered in the same scheme as in the BradyGames guide and several of the external links.
Feel free to edit this section if you find these descriptions less than helpful!
- Found in the story mission Tagging Up Turf.
- Found in the story mission Tagging Up Turf.
- Found in the story mission Tagging Up Turf.
- Found in the story mission Tagging Up Turf.
- Found in the story mission Tagging Up Turf.
- East Lost Santos, along the north wall of the boulevard with the park in the middle. Found in the story mission Tagging Up Turf.
- Las Colinas. From #6 go up the stairs, left at the top, and look between the houses on the left facing the street. You will find the tag on the south wall of one of the houses (so look north)
- Vagos tag, Las Colinas. From #7 go east along the surface road and pull into the front lot of the apartment complex. Look along the wall near the south entrance to the bullding.
- Vagos tag, East Beach. From #8 go south. Just after the bridge look at the stone part of the north wall of the first house. Colonel Fuhrberger's house (that you robbed in one of the Ryder missions) is behind you.
- Vagos tag, East Beach. From #9 go south along the frontage road to the expressway. Just before the pedestrian bridge there is a parking lot. Find the tag in the southwest corner of that lot.
- Vagos tag, East Beach. From #10 go north along the alleyway and in the next block there is a parking garage. Inside the first floor of the garage, on the south wall you will find the tag.
- Vagos tag, East Beach. From #10 make a right out of the parking garage and right at the next street. It's a major boulevard going north-south on the East Beach/Las Flores border. Just less than halfway up the block is an apartment complex with a tiled front. There is a number which looks like 2626 over the door. The tag is on the front of the building, on the left of the entance.
- East Beach. Continue North on this boulevard and turn right down the sidewalk right before the bridge. Make another right at the wall and the sidewalk dead-ends (body armor pickup!). You should see the tag on the wall just beyond the dead-end, on the south wall of the building on the right.
- Vagos Tag, Los Flores. From #13 back out and cross the N/S boulevard that you turned off of to get there. Continue along the E/W street to the south of the green area. As you go down the hill, on the left should be some hedges and behind them some apartment buildings. You will see the tag on the north face of one of those tenements.
- Vagos Tag, East Los Santos. From #14 continue down the hill and make your first left. This street is the border between East Los Santos and Los Flores. Follow that street downhill (it's a short block). Across the next street on the left-hand side you'll see the tag
- Vagos Tag, East Beach. Find the S-shaped street. The tag is on the west side of the middle part of the street.
- Vagos Tag, Los Flores. Exit the S going north and make a right onto the north-south street. Right away there's an alley on the left, go into that alley and make a left again. Follow it a little ways and the tag is behind you.
- Vagos Tag, East Los Santos. From the Cluckin' Bell go east. The road curves north, then make an underpass, then inclines uphill. On the left (west) side of the street is a vertical sign reading "Super Value." Turn left down the alleyway here, then right. On the north side you should see this one...
- and the next one is behind it.
- Ballas tag, East Los Santos. Stand in the parking lot of the Cluckin' Bell and look north. It's on the other side of the fence.
- Ballas tag, East Los Santos. From the Cluckin' Bell go east until you find the arched passageway on the north side of the street. You can also get to this passage by going through the carwash. It's on the north side of the passageway.
- Ballas tag, East Los Santos. From the Cluckin' Bell go south and turn left into the parking lot right before the bridge over the freeway (the one that goes over Grove Street and into Ganton). It's on the south side of the building.
- Vagos tag, East Beach. Find the coliseum. If it's a clock face with 12 o'clock being north, the tag is at around 4 o'clock, on the left side of one of the ticket windows.
- Seville Boulevard Families tag, Playa del Seville. Follow the road that curves around the coliseum and go onto the beach. Make a right onto the boardwalk and left down the steps. It's slightly on the left, on the retaining wall facing the ocean.
- Seville Boulevard Families tag, Playa del Seville. This one is on one of the blue apartment buildings (the one closer to the ocean), just south of the coliseum, facing north.
- Seville Boulevard Families tag, Playa del Seville. The same apartment building as in #25, but on the east (front) side. Along the sidewalk is a wall. From the northern end of the block, it's just after the second driveway.
- Seville Boulevard Families tag, Playa del Seville. From the coliseum, travel south between the two blue apartment buildings. After you cross the next street, it's on the right, facing east.
- Ballas Tag, Ocean Docks. There are two bridges connecting the island southeast of Los Santos to the main island. The northern one has green support columns. The tag is on the column on the north side of the Los Santos end of the bridge, facing south. You'll have to climb up on a concrete pedestal to get it.
- Ballas Tag, Paya del Seville. West of the two blue apartment complexes is an electrical station. Look on the wall on the west side of the street between them.
- Vagos tag, Ocean Docks. From the barber shop in Playa del Seville go south until you hit the expressway. It's on the northwest corner of the intersection, facing east.
- Varrio los Aztecas tag, Ocean Docks. The railroad terminates in an aquamarine warehouse. Go to the southeast corner of this building, facing the expressway.
- Ballas tag, Willowfield. From #31 follow the track north. Cross the street and, continuing to go north, follow the wall of containers with the storm drain on your left. Right before you get to the big pile of garbage, it's on the left, facing south, below street level, down in the storm drain a little bit
- Vagos tag, Ocean Docks. In the south part of the channel between mainland San Andreas and the small island is a set of containers. between one of the building and one of the containers you will be able to walk towards the channel without falling into the channel. The tag is on the container, facing the channel
- Ballas tag, Ocean Docks. South of the barber shop in Playa Del Seville is a longish east-west street. Don't follow this street, instead go along the passageway beside it and descend into the storm drain. The tag is on a pillar supporting the bridge in the middle of the drain, facing the east.
- Ballas tag, Willowfield. At the intersection of the north/south street that the Cluckin' Bell is on (the one that leads right into Denise's front yard), and the east/west street that the safe house is on is a 98 cent store. The tag is on the south side of this store.
- Ballas tag, Willowfield. Southeast of the Cluckin' Bell is a strip mall. Look between the Hong Kong Deli and the Sushi Man stores.
- Vagos tag, East Beach. From Colonel's Fuhrburger's house go south. The second group of houses will have a low garage that you can climb on top of. Go south along this roof until it drops down a level. The tag is on the south wall.
- Ballas tag, Willowfield. This is on the south wall of the Cluckin' Bell.
- Ballas tag, Ganton. Leaving CJ"s Mom's house and going west on Grove Street, look on the west wall of the south end of the bridge.
- Ballas tag, Ganton. Duck into the alleyway behind the Binco. It's on the left.
- Ballas tag, Jefferson. Go north along the road that goes from Idlewood to Jefferson along the railroad tracks. After you cross the bridge into Jefferson, there is a purple house on the left. In the carport is the tag.
- Ballas tag, Jefferson. Find the big curch and llos on the south face.
- Ballas tag, East Los Santos. The street to the left of the Watts towers replica runs north into an alley. Follow that alley and turn right. The tag is on the left.
- Ballas tag, East Los Santos. Along the east side of the street running parallel to the railroad tracks there is an underground parking garage. You'll find the tag on the north wall int he corner
- Vagos tag, Las Colinas. Follow the railroad tracks north until the mouth of the tunnel. It's on the left-hand side.
- Vagos tag, Las Colinas. Find the street that runs along the northern edge of Las Colinas, and look behind the houses on the northern side of this street, west of the railroad tracks would be if there weren't underground.
- Vagos tag, Las Colinas. Follow the same street as in #46 and go west. As the street slopes downhill, find the cobblestone sidewalk on the left that goes between the buidlings. The tag is on the left.
- Ballas tag, Glen Park. In the light-green block north of the park you'll find a passageway with arches at both ends. The tag is in that passageway, on the south wall.
- Vagos tag, Las Colinas. Follow the road that forms the east edge of Glen Park northward. You'll see a red-orange house in Las Colinas. On the right-hand side of that house is cobblestone passageway. The tag is in that passageway, on the right-hand side.
- Vagos tag, Las Colinas. Find the passageway from #49 and continue following it northward to the other side. Make a right. on the left you'll see a cobblestone walkway leading upwards to the next street level. The tag is on the south wall of the building with this walkway.
- Ballas tag, Jefferson. It's on the south face of the Jefferson Motel, beneath the staircase that leads to the roof.
- Ballas tag, Jefferson. The road that forms the south edge of Glen Park continues in an alleyway. The tag is in that alleyway, on the left.
- Ballas tag, Jefferson. There is an L-shaped alley behind the Sub-Urban. The tag is on the south end of the L, facind north.
- Ballas tag, Glen Park. Go along the sidewalk that circles the pond closest to the pond. The tag is under the bridge on the north side of the pond.
- Balls Tag, Glen Park. The bridge over the pond leads right into a passageway between two buildings after you cross the southern edge of the park. The tag is on the left.
- Ballas tag, Glen Park. The corrugated fence in the block with the green corner two blocks south from the Park is the BMX park. The tag is on the northeast corner of the park, inside, on the fence.
- The L-shaped block east of the BMX park has the hospital. Look on the south edge of the hospital, in the bushes.
- Ballas tag, Idlewood. East of the Well-Stack Pizza Place is an motel with a big parking lot. Look on the northern wall.
- Ballas tag, Idlewood. Find the wide east-west street that runs along side the railroad tracks. On the east end of the street is a liquor store. Across from the liquor store is a nondescript commercial center. The tag is on the south wall inside the parking lot.
- Ballas tag, Idlewood. On the street that runs west from the Well-Stacked Pizza Place is a Wholesale Produce warehouse. The tag is on the north side of the street near that buliding.
- Ballas tag, Idlewood. Take the road that passes by the Well-Stacked north. Veer to the left to avoid going over the bridge. After you cross Grove Street you'll see an abandoned building with arched doorways. Go through the arches and you'll find the tag on the right (north) side.
- Ballas tag, Idlewood. From #61 go west. You'll see a bunch of 3-story apartment buildings. Take a right to enter the complex, then look behind the second buliding on the left.
- Ballas tag, Idlewood. Continue west on Grove Street. Where it ends and turn left you can cut through using the driveway. So keep going west. At the intersection with the next nouth/south throroughfare you should see a big building on the left with an arched colonnade and a hedge around it. The tag is on the northwest corner of the building, facing west (you'll have to climb the hedge to get to it.)
- Varrio Los Aztecas tag, Little Mexico. This on the building just across from #63, on the north wall.
- Varrio Los Aztecas tag, Little Mexico. One street south of #64. This is the same street that, with a few tiny shifts, is the same main street in Ganton (not Grove St. the one to the South), extended to the west. Look on the south side of the street in the area between the expressway and the north/south thoroughfare east of it (the same one that the buildings in #63 and #64 face).
- Varrio Los Aztecas tag, Little Mexico. This is in the same block as #64, but on the south side. There's an alleyway protected from the north/south street by a wall. Duck in the alleyway and it's on the east face of the building. If you're able to see it, it's in the same alleyway as the low rider road race activation point.
- Ballas tag, Idlewood. From the Well-Stacked go north but make the first left onto the same street that #64 and #65 are on. You'll see a "Going" gas station on the left followed by a car wash. Climb up on the car wash (you can grab onto the overhang), and look behind the cheerful car wash sign. By the way, a Broadway spawns behind this car wash, which is useful for the Pimping mission.
- Varrio los Aztecas tag, El Corona. South on the same street that #63 and #64 are you'll see a 69 cent 24-7 store. Next to it is a liquor store. On the south wall of the liquor store is a mural reading "La Raza Movimento. The tag is over the word Raza.
- Varrio los Aztecas tag, El Corona. Find the pedestrian bridge that crosses the railroad tracks. South of that is a set of apartment buildings. One of the buildings in the north row will have a tag on the second story of the building above its entryway, facing west.
- Varrio los Aztecas tag, El Corona. It's just opposite the tatoo parlor in El Corona
- Varrio los Aztecas tag, El Corona. South of #70, you'll see a garish adult book store (at night it's lit up pink). Look on the south wall of this building.
- Ballas tag, El Corona. On the curved street that separates El Corona from the airport, in the straight part of it, on the north side of the street along the corrugated metal fence. The pilot's entrance to LSX is near here, if/when you care.
- Varrio Los Aztecas tag, El Corona. There is a safe house in El Corona, not too far from where you met Cesar to do the low-rider race. Follow that street to the east until it intersects a north/south street. Look at the east wall of the house on the northwest side of that intersection.
- Balls tag, Idlewood. This is in the east/west storm drain, in the middle, right where the drain passes under the north/south street in #63 and #64. Continue west on this drain and you'll see a ramp that will get out back onto the surface.
- Ballas tag, Pershing Square. The tall building in Commerce is City Hall. Find its eastern edge and look across the street, on the north side of the street separating Pershing Square and Commerce, near the expressway underpass.
- Ballas tag, Commerce. This one is west of #75, on the north face of City Hall.
- Vagos tag, Commerce. Across from the Roboi's there is a building on the corner with a vertical sign that says "Legal." The tag is on the south wall.
- Ballas tag, Verona Beach. Northwest of #77 is a building with steps going up to an entrance. Go up the steps and follow around to the end on the East side of the building. The tag is between two doors.
- Ballas tag, Market. North on #75 and #77 on the north/south thoroughfare that goes all the way up to Mulholland is a distinctive building whose entrances are below street level. The building has two depressions and the tag is on the north face of the northern one.
- Varrio Los Aztecas tag, Downtown Los Santos. In the block west of the BMX park is a building that surrounds a pedestrian walkway. The walkway runs east/west. In the walkway on the south wall you will see the tag.
- Ballas tag, Downtown Los Santos. Diagonally across from the Zip you will see a building with columns that have horizontal stripes. The tag is on the east side of this building (although it faces north).
- Ballas tag, Mulholland Intersection. Underneath the western part of the cloverleaf you will see a couple of green dumpsters. The tag is to the right of these.
- Ballas tag, Vinewood. Find the east-west thoroughfare that runs east of Mulholland Intersection. Look at the intersection of that street with the one just west of the Pay-N-Spray. It's on the southwest corner of the intersection, facing north.
- Ballas tag, Temple. On the east edge of the block with the Pay-N-Spray, on the west side of the street.
- Ballas tag, Market. On the east/west street that's south of the one that's in front of the Pay-N-Spray, you should be able to find the Fatt Bldg. and the Vice Theater. Across from the Vice is the Walk of Fame, and right around the corner from that is the tag.
- Ballas tag, Market. Find the Jim's Sticky Ring donut shop (you meet Tenpenny there in some of the missions). Go north and make the first right. On the south side of the street, above eye level. You will have to climb up to tag it.
- Ballas tag, Market. From the Cluckin' Bell go south and make your second left. It's above street level, facing south.
- Balls tag, Marina. Find the Marina; it's the stretch of water that leads in from the ocean. On the north end you'll see a set of steps that lead up eventually to the street passing by the Cluckin' Bell in Market. The tag is on the lowest level by the water, facing south, near the east staircase.
- Ballas tag, Rodeo. In the block west of the Marina, on the west side of the street, below the Ranch billboard.
- Ballas Tag, Richman. Find the Vinyl Countdown record store on the main boulevard, on the north side of the street. The tag is on the west wall of this store.
- Ballas tag, Santa Maria Beach. On the pier by the Brown Starfish. At the end of the pier there is a staircase. Follow it up and look on the east wall.
- Ballas tag, Santa Maria Beach. Right behind the Pay-N-Spray.
- Ballas tag, Marina. Where the pier meets the expressway, on the southwest corner facing northwest.
- Ballas tag, Verona Beach. Just where the expressway starts to curve south towards the airport, on the southeast corner of the street.
- Vagos tag, Verdant Bluffs. Go to the museum at the top of the hill (This is the Rebel without a Cause observatory!). Get to the roof via a curved ramp on the north side. The tag is on the north side. Admire the view; you're almost done!
- Ballas tag, Los Santos International. Find the building east of the arched sculpture. Look on the south wall of that building.
- Ballas tag, Los Santos International. Take the expressway south of LSX and keep to the ledge on the right-hand side. At the end of this ledge is the tag.
- Varrio los Aztecas tag, Willowfield. This is right at the meeting of Willowfield, LSX, and Ocean Docks. Find the three similar buildings surrounded by a barbed-wire fence. The tag is on the northernmost building of this group, slightly above eye level, although you do not need to climb anything to reach it.
- Ballas tag, Downtown Los Santos. The block west of Glen Park, on the west side of the street.
- Vagos tag, Mulholland Intersection. Under the intersection, on the east lobe of the cloverleaf, facing west.
This is a good mission to do before the turf wars start. That way you don't have to worry about constantly defending your turf while spraying, and the rewards are quite useful for the actual wars.
If you run out of paint mid-tag make sure you go back and double-check. If you are able to lock your aim on the tag you haven't gotten it yet.
You can get a wanted star for vandalism.
Using a bicycle (e.g., BMX) for this mission makes it pretty fun. There's something serene about the hum of the rubber tires and the din of traffic as you tool around the hood looking for turf to mark. You build up your bike skill, burn fat quickly, and can practice bunny hops over fences and onto roofs.
There is no cash reward for completing this mission. However, these weapons now spawn in the Kitchen in CJ's Mom's house:
- Molotov cocktails
- Sawn-off shotgun
Possibly more important, Grove street gang members are equipped with better weapons (such as knives, SMGs, and Desert Eagles instead of just for example baseball bats and pistols) making them much more usable.