A major cheat (sometimes referred to as a "debug" cheat) in The Sims 2 is often known as boolprop. To active the cheat, while in a house (whether you are in Live, Buy or Build Mode does not matter), press Ctrl, Shift, and C at the same time. A cheat bar will appear. Type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true", and press enter. The cheat has now been activated.
Note: Boolprop is a VERY powerful cheat and should be used very cautiously. Misuse of the cheat can lead to file corruption which, in extreme cases, may require you to re-install your game and start over.
The boolprop cheat system is highly useful, such as indicated in the following:
Make All Happy
- Hold the Shift key and click on the mailbox. A menu will appear.
- Select "Make All Happy". Your Sims' moods will now max out.
Note: Another cheat available on the mailbox, "Make Friends for Me", should NEVER be used. When you activate this cheat, you will be friends with everyone. They will call your house, one after another, demanding you spend more time with them. Your phone will never stop ringing, and will not be able to be moved or deleted.
Set to Birthday
- Hold the Shift key and click on the Sim you want to age. A menu will appear.
- Select "Set to Birthday". Your Sim will now be just one day away from an age transition, and will grow up the next time the clock reaches 6 pm. (If you wish to grow your Sim up immediately, click the Sim after setting to birthday and choose "Grow Up".)
Tombstone of Life & Death
The Tombstone of Life & Death is a very useful debug object. To obtain it:
- Hold the Shift key and click on a Sim. A menu will appear.
- Select "Spawn", and then "Tombstone of L & D". The tombstone will appear.
You can place it anywhere on the lot in Buy Mode.
In order to get the tombstone to appear:
- Type into the cheat window (Access by holding down SHIFT, CTRL and C at the same time): "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true". Note the spaces.
- To use the tombstone, just click on it. It offers a variety of interesting cheat options, such as "Add Neighbour to Family", which will add a neighbour of your choice to your household.
Also present are the options to add a new Sim of any age or sex. These Sims will be randomly generated, and will not be related to the Sims in your household. They will appear immediately.
Note: Do NOT add the RC Car or the Grim Reaper!
"Make Me Friendly To Everyone Here" is another very useful cheat available on the tombstone. When activated, it will make the Sim of your choice friends with every Sim currently on your lot.
Make Me Pregnant with...
This is another Tombstone of Life & Death option. In future EPs it's called the "Genetic Merger". It works on any adult Sim (male or female) that isn't nearing elderhood. You can choose any Sim on the lot for the chosen Sim to become pregnant with its child: it even works with relatives, teenagers (and younger), and non-social NPCs like the Grim Reaper. They can also impregnate themselves making a clone of the opposite gender. It will even show on the family tree as the other person chosen as being their "father". You can also use the Tombstone of L & D to speed up the pregnancy or to become alien pregnant. These cheats are handy tools when experimenting with Sim DNA.
Another useful object that can be spawned using the same method as for the Tombstone of Life & Death is the Sim Modder. It appears as a statue of a small baby, and has tons of options, among which are:
- Motive control. Motives > Me > MAX All followed by Motives > Me > Make Static completely removes the need for cumbersome tasks such as eating and going to the bathroom.
- Relationship control. You can set the relation, mutually or one-sided, to any sim on the lot to any level.
- Wants and Fears. Allows you to get more want slots and locks.
In total it has about 20 sub-sections, the list above is just a sample.