|The Sims 2: Open for Business|
|Designer(s)||Charles London, Hunter Howe, Amy Kalson, Robin Hunicke|
|System(s)||Windows, Mac OS|
|Neoseeker Related Pages|
|Twitch||The Sims 2: Open for Business Channel|
|YouTube Gaming||The Sims 2: Open for Business Channel|
The Sims 2: Open for Business is the third expansion pack for The Sims 2, released on March 3 2006, which allows Sims to run a home or community lot based business. Aspyr released a port of the game for Mac OS X on September 4, 2006. New features included in Open for Business include:
- A new shopping district area. The Maxis-created version (Bluewater Village) comes with new families and several examples of businesses that can be run.
- Businesses that can be run. They can be run at home or on community lots. There are three main business types.
- Shops: Sells objects or services at a price
- Restaurants: Sims buy food and dine on the lot. Can be run without The Sims 2: Nightlife
- Venues: Sims buy tickets and interact with objects on the lor.
- New business tracker. This tells you important information about your business such as your business rank, what customers have been there and employee information
- Reporter NPC. Reviews your business and can increase or decrease customer flow.
- Business Perks. New rewards that help run your business better.
- Talent Badges. A new system of skills that affect how well sims perform tasks.
- Craftable Objects. Special objects that can't be bought in buy mode. These include new toys, robots and flowers.
So what are you waiting for, get to the local shopping district, set up shop and start to make cold hard cash as you provide services for your customers
Table of Contents