Nature sims love the great outdoors. This article explains everything to do with nature.
You may not notice this but toddlers can gain enthusiasm for nature by trying to catch butterflies and fireflies. When they turn into children, they have practically every option available. Fishing is a great way to get food for later and they can grow their own crops if you want them to. As well as those two badges, you may want to start on the bug collection early so that they can complete it during their lifetime. There's also looking at animals. Specifically, birds and fish. Finally, you can buy a tent and sleep in the great outdoors. Several Bon Voyage activities also increase enthusiasm.
When they enter college, there's three careers to aim for if you want the rewards; Oceanography, Natural Science and the Slacker careers. The majors to look for are Biology, Literature, Mathematics, Philosophy and Science. The Oceanography career comes with a Koi pond that has relaxation, Natural Science has the cow plant which can extend or extinguish life depending on what you do and the Slacker career has the hydroponic garden which can earn more money.
Other ways to earn money are from joining the Garden Club, selling your crops and selling caught fish. There's another reward to earn from joining the Garden Club as well. You can also sell objects found from going hiking.
This isn't really a clubhouse as much as the other lots. The ground is perfect for sims interested in bird watching and bug hunting. Sometimes you even get fireflies and butterflies to catch. Gardening and maintaining the flowers gets your sims dirty. The pond may seem like decoration but it's perfect for fishing in. Finally, there's a koi pond, aquarium and a hydroponic garden.
These are the Nature chance cards.
- Chance Card 1: Your sim sees kids torturing ants. You can report them or deal with them yourself. If you report them, you gain or lose enthusiasm. If you deal with them, you bring a friend home or lose enthusiasm
- Chance Card 2: Your sim wants to join a club. You can join an existing club or start a new one. The first option results in enthusiasm gain or loss. The second one can give you membership or take enthusiasm.
- Chance Card 3: You're in charge of gardening at the school and there's a pest problem. You can use pesticide or ignore the problem. Either way, you could earn $100 or lose enthusiasm.
- Chance Card 4: You find a rare bug on the morning hike. You can alert professionals or try to catch it. The two outcomes for each are membership or enthusiasm loss.
- Chance Card 5: A co-worker has an incorrectly labelled bug box. You can correct it or tell the co-worker. While the negative outcomes for both are enthusiasm loss, the positive outcome for correcting it is enthusiasm gain and the positive outcome for telling the co-worker is bringing a friend home.
- Chance Card 6: An exclusive bug box is available. There are two options: buy it or pass the opportunity. Purchasing it can give enthusiasm or take $150. Pass on the opportunity and you could gain or lose enthusiasm.
These are nature-based unlockables.
- Level 1-Talk about Nature
- Level 2-Read Home and Garden Section
- Level 3-Go Hiking
- Level 4-Browse Web for Nature
- Level 5-Membership to Peerless Park, Collect more bugs
- Level 6-Share Hobby Tips (Fishing, Hydroponics Garden)
- Level 7-Blog about Nature
- Level 8-Collect more bugs
- Level 9-Instruct in Nature
- Level 10-Be in the Zone
There are a few talent badge unlockables.
- Bronze: Strawberries, Cucumbers
- Silver: Pole beans, Peppers
- Gold: Eggplants
- Riverblossom Minnow bait
- Stink Ball Bait
- Sparkle Spinner bait
There are three Career Rewards.
- Hydroponics Garden (Slacker)
- Cow Plant (Natural Science)
- Koi Pond (Oceanography)
There are also several vacation momentoes based on nature.
- Raked a Zen Garden
- Slept in a Tent
- Examined the Tree Ring display
- Found a Beach Treasure.
Finally, sims that care for their garden can join the garden club and win the wishing well.
These are the ranks for Nature enthusiasm.
- 1- Unispired Underling
- 2-4 Leaf Picker
- 5-7 Hugger of Trees
- 8-9 Force of Nature
- 10- Elemental
This is basic information.
- Skill: Cleaning
- Personality: Sloppy, Playful
- Interests: Animals, Environment, Weather
- Mannerisms: None
This is a list of all objects and interactions that boost nature enthusiasm.
- Watering flowers
- Trimming Shrubs
- Pulling Weeds
- Studying Cleaning
- Hydroponics Garden
- Bonfire (Roasting Marshmallows) (University)
- Cow Plant (University)
- Fire Jet (Roasting Marshmallows) (Nightlife)
- "Natures Perfection" by E.Z.Phun Painting (Nightlife)
- "Spring Majesty" painting (Nightlife)
- Pet Bird (Pets)
- Saltwater Aquarium (Pets)
- Fishing (Seasons)
- Tending, Watering, Fertilising, Planting, Spraying and Harvesting (Seasons)
- Catch Butterflies/Firefiles (Seasons)
- Scarecrow (Seasons)
- "Wilted Love" wall hanging (Seasons)
- "Qylaron Phase-Array Atmospheric Forecaster" Sculpture (Seasons)
- Unlikely Whale Sculpture (Seasons)
- Rock Scultptures (Seasons)
- Sandcastle, Sunbathing, Watching Waves, Combing for Seashells (Bon Voyage)
- Tent (Bon Voyage)
- Driftwood scultptures (Bon Voyage)
- Tree Ring display (Bon Voyage)
- Zen garden (Bon Voyage)
- Antlers Wall Hanging (Bon Voyage)
- Birdwatching (FreeTime)
- Bug hunting (FreeTime)
- Hiking (FreeTime)
- Bird House sculpture (FreeTime)