A major feature in The Sims 2: Nightlife are the new cars. They can be found in the miscellaneous section of the buy mode catalogue under the New Cars subheading. Other new objects are new party bars and the photo booth. This article reviews each of these objects.
The bars function the same way as they do in The Sims 2 as well as the new one in The Sims 2: University. Also the previously community-lot only bar from University is now available on residential lots.
"The Grease Stands Alone" Island Bar
Connects with The "Sometimes A Man Is An Island" Counter Island, by Fat City Counters island counter.
This bar contains the same interactions as normal bars. On community lots interactions are:
- Order Drink: Orders a blended ($15) or poured ($10) drink from a bartender.
- Be Bartender: Takes over job as bartender in exchange for money.
Connects with Recherché Counter Island.
Interactions: See above object.
"NeonBar" by Neontrix
Connects with "NeonServe" by Neontrix island counter.
Interactions: See above object.
Cars are a new category of object that can substitute for taxis, carpools and school buses. Each car must be placed on a driveway or a garage. Every car contains the same interactions.
- Change Owner: A car is not owned when bought. If an owner is selected then that sim will use the car autonomously for work or school. Anyone teenaged or older can drive the car.
- Drive to Work: Sims drives to work.
- Carpool to Work With...: Nominates other sims to drive to work with. Only available if two or more sims start work at the same time.
- Drive to School: Teens can drive to school by themselves.
- Take to School: Anyone can take their children to school.
- Carpool to School With...: Nominates kids or teens to drive to school with. Teens will take the car home but kids arive home on the school bus.
- Drive to Community Lot: Cars can be used as substitutes to taxis. Functions the same as calling a taxi with no waiting period.
- Get Alarm Installed: Installs alarm to prevent burglars from stealing the car. Costs the same as a burglar alarm.
- Sit in Vehicle: Sim sits in the car.
- Turn Stereo On: Sub-interaction to Sit in Vehicle. Functions the same to a normal stereo.
- Turn Lights On: Sub-interaction to Sit in Vehicle.
Can be done anytime of day.
- Dance: Only available if stereo is turned on.
The Smoogo Minima
|The Smoogo Minima|
|Need Effects||Comfort 1, Fun 2|
The Smord P328
|The Smord P328|
|Need Effects||Comfort 1, Fun 4|
The Landwhale by Heaveola
|The Landwhale by Heaveola|
|Need Effects||Comfort 4, Energy 1, Fun 2|
The Yomoshoto Evasion
|The Yomoshoto Evasion|
|Need Effects||Comfort 6, Energy 2, Fun 5|
Hunka 711 by Hwang Motors
|Hunka 711 by Hwang Motors|
|Need Effects||Comfort 8, Energy 3, Fun 9|
"Sit 'n'Grin" Photo Booth from iBurn Commercial Imagery
|"Sit 'n'Grin" Photo Booth from iBurn Commercial Imagery|
|Need Effects||Fun 9|
- Get In/Join: Sim Gets in Photo Booth
- Take Picture: Select from normal or goofy. If two sims use the booth and are in a romantic relationship they may select romantic as well. Costs $10. After taking the photo, it lands in the inventory. Vampires produce a special set of pictures