The Sims 2 Nightlife comes with a variety of new objects, those that can be bought from Buy Mode, those that come from Build Mode and special objects that act as date rewards. Because there are too many objects to profile on one page, we have instead chosen to profile them on several sub-pages. Each sub-page corresponds to a section in the buy mode catalogue.
This section explains the terminology of each of the sub-pages below.
- Price: Amount of simoleons required to buy this object
- Initial Depreciation: Value that this object decreases by on the first day after buying it.
- Daily Depreciation: Value that this object depreciates by daily.
- Depreciation Limit: Minimum value for this object
- Appreciation: Value that an object may appreciate by. (Not available on all objects)
- Need effects: Rating for how well this object satisfies needs.
- Need Max: A number from -100-100 showing how much of that need the object can satisfy. For example 0 means that the object can only make the need half-full and 50 means that the object can make the bar three-quarters full.
- Skills: Skills that this object can improve.
- Room: Rooms that this object is available in in the sort by room button.
- Community Sort: Where to find this object in community lots.
- Interactions: Interactions available on this object. Interactions introduced in The Sims 2 won't be shown.
Follow these links to different object types.
There are six new collections in The Sims 2: Nightlife.
- The Sims 2: Nightlife Buy Mode. All buy mode objects in The Sims 2: Nightlife. Actually two separate collections. One for residential lots and one for community lots.
- The Sims 2: Nightlife Build Mode. All build mode objects, floors and walls in The Sims 2: Nightlife. Actually two separate collections. One for residential lots and a community lot collection. The community lot collection doesn't contain driveways or garages.
- Bowling. Community only collection containing Bowling Alleys and objects for creating and decorating them as well as flooring and wallpaper.
- Cars. Residential only collection containing cars, driveways, garages, wallpaper and car-themed decorations.
- Nightclub. Community only collection containing nightclub objects, such as dance-floor tiles and DJ Booths, flooring and wallpaper.
- Restaurants. Community only collection. containing all objects necessary for a restaurant. Also contains decorations, wallpaper and flooring.