Zakum's room is located at the end of the Dead Mine, at the furthest point from El Nath. In GMS, Zakum runs can only be completed twice per day by each Party Leader acrossall modes.
- Level 50 or higher for Easy mode.
- Level 90 or higher for Normal and Chaos mode.
- Maximum 2 entries per day regardless of mode (Easy and Normal mode), 2 clears per week for Chaos Mode.
- Minimum 1 Eye of Fire for Normal and Chaos mode (Eye of Fire Debris for Easy mode). Can be obtained from NPC Adobis.
Note: These quests are not required to be completed to fight Zakum. You can do these quests for fun though and it awards very little EXP.
Adobis Mission I
When you first reach Adobis,
The party can consist of 1 to 6 members. The time limit is 30 minutes. The goal is to collect 7 keys. Additionally, the party has the option of collecting 30 document pieces. Once inside, there are 15 doors. Speed and Teleport do not work here. Each of these leads to a room which is made up of 1 or two parts. Inside rocks and treasure chests are scattered on the floor. These must be destroyed to get the Keys or Documents. Documents are always found in rocks, and Keys are usually found in Chests, though there are exceptions. A small note, the word Documents is blocked in game, so they're usually referred to as "Docs".
Unknown Dead Mine
Once you enter stage 1, you will be in the room displayed on the left, with further rooms accessible as labelled.
Two rooms, 10 and 7, lead to a further room called Area 16 <A Dead Mine Somewhere>, which has 6 rooms branching off of if. The arrow in the diagram will lead back to the main area.
Documents and keys are always found in the same rooms, listed below, but the specific rock or chest is randomized. Documents are generally found in rocks, and keys are generally found in chests, unless otherwise noted.
|16-5||1 (rock)||1 (chest)|
Once all the keys are collected, they must be combined into one stack and dropped onto the large treasure chest located randomly at 16-5. For this reason, it is best to get the key in room 16-5 last. This causes the chest to open, and a complete Fire Ore is released. The Fire Ore must be returned to Aura located in the first room.
There are more than 30 documents, so get the ones that are easiest. It's recommended that one person focus on collecting keys while the others gather documents. Once everything is collected, hand it in to Aura, and walk through the portal. Anyone who does not make it through the portal will not receive a prize. Additionally, the leader must exit through the portal last, or the party members who had not yet passed through will not receive prizes.
Although it is fastest to complete with a larger party, it is possible, but much slower, to solo the quest.
If completing the quest alone with just keys, the reward is 12000 EXP. If completing it alone with both Keys and documents, the reward is 20000 EXP. If completing it in a party, even if it is only made up of two members, with only keys, the EXP is 15000. If the party has both Keys and Documents, the reward is 20000 EXP. Any time that all Documents are collected, all players who finish are awarded with 5 Return to Dead Mine Scrolls.
Zakum Jump Quest
The second part of the Zakum Quest is a very long linear jump quest which requires the player to reach the end. Here, there are miniature statues that spew quick moving fireballs hindering the players progess. Below is a massive lake of lava therefore should the player fall, they'd be taking in a lot of damage getting back. Players cannot enter the Jump Quest until they completed Adobis's mission (the 1st Stage).
Zakum Boss Fight
- Location: El Nath, Last Mission : Zakum's Altar
- Summoning Requirement: Eye of Fire
This quest involves a giant stone boss at the end of The Caves of Trial. In order to face this huge boss, it is required that the players speak to Adobis to obtain the Eye of Fire. The boss has eight arms which will assist Zakum in its attacks. Zakum is based on the Muslim belief in Zaqqum, a tree said to grow in hell which provides the only fruit that the damned may eat. This is consistent with the Zakum of MapleStory, as a giant tree can be seen in the background when fighting it, and it must be summoned with a "seed". The boss is supposed to be the physical representation of this tree.
- Closing ALL Programs and lowering your resolution is a definite must. Zakum has a tendency to majorly lag/DC people.
- Have a decent computer processor, graphic card and RAM. People are known to DC even if they have usually lagless connections, as the image frame loading is extremely high.
- You may enter the room with Zakum twice a day for Easy and Normal mode. The party will be moved in simultaneously when the leader clicks to enter.
- An Eye of Fire is required to summon Zakum, which can be received from Adobis.
- After all the arms are down, Zakum begins summoning monsters (Boogie, Puco, Pachu, Punco, Cuzco, Opachu) and every once in about 1 minute, it deals a full map attack dealing 99% damage. Monsters will also deal some damage.
- For chaos mode, ensure that you dodge the fire when platforms appear at all times as it deals 25% damage per second.
- Chaos mode arms will respawn after 30 seconds unless all arms are down at any given time, then monsters will be spawned and once in around 1 minute, it deals a 99% damage full map attack.
- Arm Slam: Deals 90% damage on marked areas after awhile. (100% damage in Chaos mode)
- (Chaos mode only) Platform target: 3 lanes of platform spawn on left and right sides, floor will be covered in fire dealing 25% per sec. Every few seconds, a lane of platform will be marked, after 2 seconds the arms will attack that targeted platforms, dealing 100% damage.
- Summon monsters (after all arms are killed)
- Full map explosion attack, dealing 99% damage (after all arms are killed)
- (When HP drops below 20%) Ground Slam: Zakum summons a green cube and jumps after 1 second, if you are not in the green cube you die.
- Meteorite drops on targeted areas, dealing 25% damage.
Time limit is the total time allowed for the fight but you must spawn Zakum in 15 minutes.
- Easy mode
- Level: 50 (8 arms), 55 (3 bodies)
- Body HP: 2,200,000 (2.2 Million)
- Arm HP: 204,000 each (204 Thousand each)
- DEF: 30% (20% for arms)
- EXP: 130,000 when body is killed.
- Time Limit: 20 minutes
- 50 Death Counts
- Normal mode
- Level: 110
- Body HP: 7,000,000 (7 Million)
- Arm HP: 700,000 each (700 Thousand each)
- DEF: 40%
- EXP: 360,340 (body), 672,000 each (Top 2 arms), 448,000 each (2 Middle Upper arms), 560,000 each (2 Middle Lower arms), 515,200 each (Bottom 2 arms). Total: 4,750,740 EXP
- Time Limit: 30 minutes
- 5 Death Counts
- Chaos mode
- Level: 180
- Body HP: 84,000,000,000 (84 Billion)
- Arm HP: 10,500,000,000 each (10.5 Billion each)
- DEF: 100% (50% for arms)
- EXP: 161,200 per arm killed, body gives no EXP.
- Time Limit: 30 minutes
- 5 Death Counts
- Common Drops
- Easy and Normal mode Zakum drops the Zakum Helmet 1 (2 in JMS) when defeated at a chance (easy mode has a lower chance than normal mode).
- Chaos Zakum drops the Chaos Zakum Helmet and the Angry Zakum Hat at a chance, which is more powerful than Zakum Helmets. It also drops the Angry Zakum Belt and Angry Zakum Cape.
- Aqua Eye Decoration
- Condensed Lens Crystalline Decoration
- Zakum's Poisonic Weapons
- Zakum's Soul Shards (Collect 10 and swap for a random Zakum Weapon Soul)
- Potions (Reindeer Milk, Sunset Dew, Elixir, Power Elixir)
- Medal of Honor
- Zakum's Tree Branch
- Zakum's Certificate